Answers by lisajwood_1386

2 found
You need an advocate, one who specialises in the care act 2014. Under this, you have a right to have your parental needs met and your direct payments should reflect this (in theory). If you haven’t done so already, ask for a review of your dp and get an advocate to help you navigate this process. It’s important to make sure that you have a good support plan because this forms the basis of the support you can get, so if possible, get an independent support plan written up. Often, local independent living centres provide this service but it can be a postcode lottery.
24 October 2021
Sorry... who is responsible for care/support needs? Should it be adult social services for me and Children’s social services for my daughter. I’m in the same situation I was in 5 years ago. I’m just most desperate for their help and been told by children’s services in past. Isabella is my daughter so Adult Social services are who we should both be under
23 September 2019